The board of education has established the following duties for the clerk of the board of education:
1. Attend all meetings of the board, countersign all warrants for school monies drawn upon the treasurer by the board and perform such other duties as the board may direct.
2. In addition to performing the duties specifically imposed upon him/her by the school code, cooperate with the superintendent of schools, the board treasurer and the minutes/encumbrance clerk in the management of the business affairs of the technology center.
3. Attest, in writing, the execution of all deeds, contracts, reports and other instruments that are to be executed by the board of education.
4. Furnish, whenever requested, any and all reports concerning school affairs, on such forms and in such manner as the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education may require.
5. Destroy all claims, warrants, contracts, purchase orders and any other financial records or documents, including those relating to school activity funds, on file or stored in the offices of the board of education of the technology center for a period of longer than five (5) years.
6. Maintain all required school board election related filings for a period of four (4) years, including coordinating efforts with the district’s technology department for including the filings on the district’s website.
Reference: OKLA. STAT. tit. 70 § 5-119
Adopted: December 18, 2014