Printable PDF Board Policy 610
The board of education has established the following responsibilities for the encumbrance clerk:
1. Keep technology center books and documents.
2. Enter authorized amounts of appropriations in the appropriate accounts.
3. Charge the correct appropriation account and credit the affected encumbrance outstanding accounts with approved encumbrances after first determining that the encumbrances do not exceed the balance of the appropriation charged.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the board of education, which may include completing purchase order forms and continuing education requirements.
5. Work with employees and vendors to ensure we follow policies and procedures. Look for the best price and value for the district.
6. Complete purchase orders.
7. Encumbrance clerk continuing education- every school district encumbrance clerk shall be required to complete an additional twelve hours (12) of approved continuing education instruction every three (3) years from the date of initial employment with a school district. The twelve (12) hours of required continuing education instruction shall meet all of the requirement for encumbrance clerk training set forth in Okla. Admin. Code § 210:25-5-10.
The encumbrance clerk will post a surety bond in the amount of $1,000.00 before discharging any duties as encumbrance clerk.
Reference: OKLA. STAT. tit. 70 § 5-119