Hazing constitutes unethical and unacceptable conduct that will not be tolerated at the technology center. To that end, the technology center adopts the following policy prohibiting hazing.
1. "Hazing" means any activity which recklessly or intentionally endangers the physical or mental health or safety of a student, required as a condition of membership in an organization, regardless of willing participation, including but not limited to physical brutality such as whipping, beating, branding, forced calisthenics, exposure to the elements, forced consumption of food, alcohol, drugs, or other substances, and activities which would induce extreme mental stress such as prolonged sleep deprivation, prolonged isolation, and conduct which could cause extreme embarrassment or humiliation.
2. Endangering the physical health shall include, but not be limited to, any brutality of a physical nature, such as whipping, beating, branding, forced calisthenics, exposure to the elements, forced consumption of any food, alcoholic beverage, low-point beer, drug, controlled dangerous substance, or other substance, or any other forced physical activity which could adversely affect the physical health or safety of the individual.
3. Endangering the mental health shall include, but not be limited to, any activity except those authorized by law, which would subject the individual to extreme mental stress, such as prolonged sleep deprivation, forced prolonged exclusion from social contact, forced conduct which could adversely affect the mental health or dignity of the individual.
4. No organization having student members which is sponsored by the technology center or which is permitted to hold meetings or other events on technology center property (a "Student Organization") and no student member of a Student Organization shall engage or participate in or directly or indirectly condition membership on participation in or submission to a hazing activity.
5. Students violating these prohibitions shall not be permitted to participate in any extra-curricular activity sponsored by the technology center, shall be subject to disciplinary measures which may include suspension or removal, and shall, when appropriate, be referred to local law enforcement authorities for prosecution.
6. Student Organizations which violate these prohibitions shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and recognition from the technology center for a minimum of one (1) year, and shall be referred to local law enforcement authorities for prosecution.
7. Hazing will be dealt with as outlined in the Code of Student Conduct. Technology center employees who are linked to hazing shall be subject to discipline - including dismissal or non-renewal.