It is the policy of the technology center board of education that students who have paid tuition for adult programs be given full or partial refunds under conditions stated in established guidelines. This policy applies when a student officially withdraws from a fulltime or short-term adult course or program or short-term multi-client classes prior to the specified time within the instructional period for which he/she has been charged and includes full or partial refund of tuition, fees and other charges.
The term “withdrawal” shall mean written notification by a student of his/her intention to discontinue class attendance.
The purpose of these procedures is to establish a set of guidelines for the refund of tuition to students who wish to withdraw from full-time, short-term adult, and Business and Career Development (BCD) courses.
- 100% tuition and supply fees are refundable to the student if the technology center cancels the program.
- A student eligible for a refund should expect a minimum of two weeks (10 working days) from the date of refund request approval to receipt of a refund check.
- Nonattendance of classes does not constitute official withdrawal. The student must complete an official refund request form.
- A refund request will not be approved unless all financial obligations to the technology center have been met.
- When a student is eligible for a refund, the amount of the refund may be credited toward enrollment in another Moore Norman Technology Center course.
- 100% of the tuition will be refunded if the student withdraws before classes start.
- 100% of the tuition will be refunded if a student drops on or before the seventh instructional day. No refund if a student drops after the seventh instructional day.
- Tuition will not be refunded for courses in which the student has earned a final grade.
- No refund will be made for insurance or assessments purchased in the student’s name.
- Books, tools and materials purchased from MNTC may be eligible for refund.
Short-Term Adult Courses
For Short term adult courses offered through Business and Industry Services, the following rules will apply for tuition refund:
- Requests for a refund of tuition must be made through the Information and Enrollment Center of MNTC. Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal.
- Workshops and Seminars – a full refund minus a $5 processing fee will be given if requested prior to the start of the workshop or seminar. No refund will be given after the start of the workshop or seminar.
- Individualized Study Classes – a full refund minus a $5 processing fee will be given with two weeks of enrollment date for 20-week FlexTrack classes; a full refund minus a $5 processing fee will be given within two days of enrollment date with 4-week FlexTrack classes.
- MNTC Online Classes – a full refund minus a $5 processing fee will be given for withdrawals within 7 days of the beginning of class.
- Ed2go Online and AHA Online – no refund after starting class.
- Other classes – a full refund minus a $5 processing fee will be given if withdrawal is before second classes meeting. No refund after second class meeting.
- Books, tools and materials purchased from MNTC may be eligible for a refund if the books and supplies are in “like new” condition, unopened, unmarked and undamaged,
Adopted: December 18, 2014