Seven Moore Norman Technology Center students and a Pre-Engineering Instructor recently learned they have earned Aspirations in Computing (AiC) awards through the National Center for Women in Information Technology (NCWIT).
MNTC 2021 Awardees are:
- Sage Abbot, Winner, state level, pre-engineering
- Katrina Ashpaugh, Honorable Mention, state level, programming and software development
- Kaylin Charlton, Honorable Mention, state level, web design
- Lauren Smith, Winner, state level, programming and software development
- Madelyn McDonald, Winner, state level, cyber defense
- Hannah Sanders, Rising Star, state level, web design
- Hana Tafolla, Rising Star, state level, web design
- Pre-Engineering Instructor Olga Caulfield, Educator Award, state level
Award recipients are selected based on their aptitude and aspirations in technology and computing, as demonstrated by their computing experience, computing-related activities, leadership experience, tenacity in the face of barriers to access, and plans for post-secondary education. Since 2007, more than 17,000 students have received an Award for AiC. To learn more about the Aspirations Awards visit here: aspirations.org. For information about MNTC’s career programs in the Business & Information Technology division visit here.