The mission of MNTC is to prepare students for success, change lives and help build better tomorrows. The MNTC Assessment Center supports this mission by administering certification, licensure, entry-level testing, and skills and competency exams to our clients. The MNTC Assessment Center further strives to provide professional services to our clients by adhering to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
DRIVING EXAMS INFORMATION - Department of Public Safety
The written exams for Class D (driver's license/driver's permit) and motorcycle license can be taken in the Assessment Centers at Moore Norman Technology Center.
Documentation Requirements: State issued copy of birth certificate (see example here), or a valid, current photo identification issued by government entity within the US (e.g. passport, driver's license, military ID, state ID).
Age Requirement: DPS and the Oklahoma Department of Career Technology require that candidates are a minimum of 15 1/2 years old to take the Class D Driving (Permit) exam.
NOTE: If you are scheduling your child to take the Class D written permit test please make sure they are 15 1/2 years old on or before the day of their exam. If they are not 15 1/2 years old they will not be allowed to test per the agreement between Career Tech and DPS. The payment will be forfeited and you will need to make a new appointment.
Please use one of the links below to schedule. The total cost of the exam is $28.50.
Candidates that pass the exam will need to take the signed, stamped score sheet to a specific Department of Public Safety site along with all required documentation to complete the process to obtain their license.
Please see the link below for a list of DPS Processing Locations and instructions on how to schedule with DPS.
- ACCUPLACER Testing
- ACT Workkeys - Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Authorized Pearson Vue Test Center
- Certiport Testing
- Clinical Skills Exams for CNA and AUA
- Department of Public Safety Driving Exams
- PSI Exams
- Meazure Learning Exams
- State of Oklahoma Exams
- Technical & Engineering Exams
- Other Testing
- What documentation do I need to bring to take the Class D driving/permit exam?
- Who can bring my child to take the permit test?
- How much does the permit test cost?
- I passed the permit test, now what do I do?
- What do I need to take with me to the DPS?
- How long are my permit test results valid?
- How old do I need to be to take the Class D (Permit ) exam?