Crescent's Brownies - These never fail.
Crescent's Classic Chewy Brownies
Preheat oven to 375
Melt in a double boiler:
- 1 cup butter
- 8 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (Very dark works best: Scharffenberger or Guittard)
- Allow cooling while you beat.
In a stand mixer, beat the following for a full 8 minutes on high speed:
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- Then beat in the cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
Then remove your beaters, and use a wooden spoon to add:
- 1 ½ cups unbleached white flour (I have just used all-purpose flour and it works fine)
- Add 1-2 cups chopped nuts if desired
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 X 13 pan and bake for about 35 minutes, being careful not to overbake
Dairy Hollow House Cookbook, Eureka Springs, Arkansas