A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
Legal Office Services
Trained legal administrative assistants are continually in high demand, and they can work in every industry within the workforce. In this program, students gain knowledge of legal office procedures and of the terminology specific to the legal field. Students will:
- Develop advanced computer skills necessary to produce various types of legal documents
- Learn to perform legal research, filing, billing and scheduling
- Grow verbal and nonverbal communication techniques
Students also learn basic concepts in specialty areas of law such as:
- Civil and criminal litigation and procedure
- Torts, family law, real estate, and bankruptcy
Students also have the opportunity to prepare for nationally recognized industry certifications like Microsoft Office Specialist and Accredited Legal Professional (ALP), which is the basic certification for legal professionals.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August,October,January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the Data Management Coordinator.
- Positive Placement Rate: 91.67%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.
- Judicial Administrative Assistant
- Legal or Litigation Assistant
- Legal Administrative Secretary
- Title Examiner, Abstractor, and Searcher
- Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Brokerage Clerks
- Municipal Clerks
- File Clerks
- Human Resources Assistant, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Executive Administrative Assistant
A: Yes. All students and staff must wear an MNTC badge while on campus. Pictures for badges are taken during the registration process.
A: You may be referred for assessment testing, which will be determined during your appointment with a Career Advisor.
A: No, you do not have to have a high school diploma to apply. However, not having a diploma may affect your ability to apply for financial aid.
A: Refer to the "expenses" tab above.
A: This long-term program is not available in the evening. You might consider one of our short-term business & financial classes!
A: For this program, you will need to speak with an MNTC Career Advisor. Set up your free career advisement today!
A: Refer to the "Potential Occupations" tab above.
A: Refer to the "Credentials Available" tab above.
A: Refer to the "cost" tab above.
A: Refer to the "potential occupations" tab above.
A: Testing information is available during your meeting with an MNTC Career Advisor.
A: Refer to the "class times" tab above.
A: Refer to the "Who can attend?" tab above.
A: Yes! Our Career and College Connection team coordinate career and college fairs on campus throughout the year. They also help with resumes, interviews, employment opportunities, etc. Additionally, internships are may be available to eligible students.