A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
Legal Office Services
Trained legal administrative assistants are continually in high demand, and they can work in every industry within the workforce. In this program, students gain knowledge of legal office procedures and of the terminology specific to the legal field. Students will:
- Develop advanced computer skills necessary to produce various types of legal documents
- Learn to perform legal research, filing, billing and scheduling
- Grow verbal and nonverbal communication techniques
Students also learn basic concepts in specialty areas of law such as:
- Civil and criminal litigation and procedure
- Torts, family law, real estate, and bankruptcy
Students also have the opportunity to prepare for nationally recognized industry certifications like Microsoft Office Specialist and Accredited Legal Professional (ALP), which is the basic certification for legal professionals.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August,October,January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the Data Management Coordinator.
- Positive Placement Rate: 91.7%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.