A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
Legal Office Services
Trained legal administrative assistants are continually in high demand, and they can work in every industry within the workforce. In this program, students gain knowledge of legal office procedures and of the terminology specific to the legal field. Students will:
- Develop advanced computer skills necessary to produce various types of legal documents
- Learn to perform legal research, filing, billing and scheduling
- Grow verbal and nonverbal communication techniques
Students also learn basic concepts in specialty areas of law such as:
- Civil and criminal litigation and procedure
- Torts, family law, real estate, and bankruptcy
Students also have the opportunity to prepare for nationally recognized industry certifications like Microsoft Office Specialist and Accredited Legal Professional (ALP), which is the basic certification for legal professionals.