A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
Database Administration is not accepting new student applications at this time.
- About the Program
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
Adults & High School Juniors and Seniors
This program prepares students to perform database administration duties such as planning, testing and coordinating database management systems and implementing security measures to safeguard computer databases. Students in this major create relational databases using SQL and PL/SQL programming and work through administration workshop strategies. Students plan, install, configure, troubleshoot and upgrade services for networks while gaining the technical skills required for industry certification in Oracle, Microsoft, and CompTIA.
Students who successfully complete this program have opportunities to become employed by Moore, Norman, and Oklahoma City Metro IT and computer companies.
|Fundamentals of Database Development ★|
|Database Concepts using ACCESS|
|Database Design and Programming ★|
|SQL and PL/SQL Database Applications Development ★|
|Database Administration ★|
|Database Administration II|
|Fundamentals of Linux|
|Total Class Hours: 1050|
|★ Course may be available for academic and/or Oklahoma’s Promise credit.|
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Microsoft: MOS - Access
- Microsoft Database Fundamentals (MTA 98-364)
- Software Development Fundamentals (MTA 98-361)
- Oracle Database 12c: 1Z0-071 DB Cert: Oracle Database SQL (Earns Oracle Database Associate designation when combined with 1Z0-052 or 1Z0-062)
- Oracle Database 11g: 1Z0-144 Program with PL/SQL (Earns Oracle PL/SQL Developer designation when combined with 1Z0-062)
- Oracle Database 11g: 1Z0-052 Administration I (Earns Oracle Database Associate designation when combined with 1Z0-071)
- Oracle Database Foundations 1Z0-006 Certified Junior Associate novice-less
A: Yes. All students and staff must wear an MNTC badge while on campus. Pictures for badges are taken during the registration process.
A: No, you do not have to have a high school diploma to apply. However, not having a diploma may affect your ability to apply for financial aid.
A: Refer to the "expenses" tab above.
A: This long-term program is not available in the evening. You might consider one of our short-term computer & IT classes or programs!
A: For this program, you will need to speak with an MNTC Career Advisor. Set up your free career advisement today!
A: Yes, this program has financial aid available for qualified students.
A: Refer to the "Potential Occupations" tab above.
A: Refer to the "Credentials Available" tab above.
A: Refer to the "cost" tab above.
A: Refer to the "potential occupations" tab above.
A: Testing information is available during your meeting with an MNTC Career Advisor.
A: Refer to the "class times" tab above.
A: In this program you will learn Oracle Database Structured Query Language (SQL) and PL/SQL programming.
A: Refer to the "Who can attend?" tab above.
A: Yes! Our Career and College Connection team coordinate career and college fairs on campus throughout the year. They also help with resumes, interviews, employment opportunities, etc. Additionally, internships are may be available to eligible students.