A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
This program prepares students to perform database administration duties such as planning, testing and coordinating database management systems and implementing security measures to safeguard computer databases. Students in this major create relational databases using SQL and PL/SQL programming and work through administration workshop strategies. Students plan, install, configure, troubleshoot and upgrade services for networks while gaining the technical skills required for industry certification in Oracle, Microsoft, and CompTIA.
Students who successfully complete this program have opportunities to become employed by Moore, Norman, and Oklahoma City Metro IT and computer companies.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Microsoft: MOS - Access
- Microsoft Database Fundamentals
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL or
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration I
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Database Foundations
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the MNTC Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 100%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.