A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
Network Information Systems
This program prepares students to repair, service and troubleshoot personal computers and computer-related equipment. Students learn to install and configure operating systems and application software, including networking basics, like: installation, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware peripherals and protocols. Students gain knowledge and the technical skills required for CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (retired by Microsoft in fall 2015, no longer an available credential) and Microsoft Information Technology Professional (MCITP) certifications.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the MNTC Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: Not offered in 2015-2016.
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.
Live Work & Services
MNTC trains students to be qualified for work in their industry after graduation. One way we do this is by giving them opportunities to experience true work situations, just as they will face once they're on the job. We call this Live Work.
Learn more about Live Work & Services.