A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
Programming & Software Development
This two-year program prepares students to develop software and write computer programs. Students implement and write programs using multiple languages, primarily Java, and others including C#, Visual Basic and Java Script. They effectively use the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and software development methodologies to improve software projects. Students learn to analyze and test software, including Code Reviews, Peer Reviews, Software Quality Standards Assessments and Test Plans for group projects. Students gain skills required for the Oracle Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA) certification, among other certification opportunities.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the MNTC Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 94.4%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.