A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
MNTC's Carpentry Program will introduce students to the skills required to work as a Residential Carpenter in Oklahoma or other states. Students learn, safety practices, carpentry tools and equipment operations, and, are instructed in the skills of estimating materials, blueprint reading, managing a job, and conducting job interviews. Students can earn the General Construction Induction Card (formerly called a Blue Card). Students can earn an OSHA 10-Hour Training Card.
Students who successfully complete this program have opportunities to become employed by Moore, Norman, and Oklahoma City Metro contractors and construction companies.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours:
- Adults: 9:15 - 12:25
- MPS: 9:35 - 12:25
- NPS: 9:15 - 12:05;
- P.M. Hours:
- Adults: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER):
- Level 1 Carpenter
- LEED Green Advantage
- OK Department of Labor:
- OSHA Construction Safety
- OSHA Forklift Safety (Class IV and V)
- OK Department of Career and Technology Education:
- Frame Carpenter
- Finish Carpenter
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the MNTC Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 100.0%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.
A: Yes, sometimes membership leads to better employment prospects.
A: Refer to the "Potential Occupations" tab above.
A: Refer to the "Credentials Available" tab above.
A: Refer to the "cost" tab above.