MNTC's Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Program (HVAC/R) prepares students to enter the residential and light commercial HVAC industry. Students learn to test and service residential & light commercial Heating and Air Conditioning systems, including Heat Pumps. They also learn, safety and work practices, protective equipment, handling pressurized fluids and hazardous substances, and how to use hand and power tools to test and service heating and refrigeration equipment, including those used to measure air flow.
Students who successfully complete this program have opportunities to become employed by Moore, Norman, and Oklahoma City Metro contractors and construction companies.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August, October, and January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- OSHA 10 General Industry Safety
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- NATE Credential
- Residential Industry Competency Exam (ICE)
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the MNTC Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 94.7%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.
US - $13.67 - $35.26 Hourly; $28,440 - $73,350 Annually
OK - $13.61 - $31.71 Hourly; $28,440 - $73,350 Annually
- SOC Code: 49-9021.01- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers