Computer Aided Design & Drafting
MNTC'S Computer Aided Design & Drafting Program covers essential CADD concepts, math related and communication skills. Successful completion in this career major will allow students to apply more advanced CADD concepts in various industry specializations. Students will also prepare for the OK State Department of Career Technology Education Drafting Technician Certification.
Students who successfully complete this program have opportunities to become employed by Moore, Norman, and Oklahoma City Metro contractors and construction companies.
|Fundamentals of Computer Aided Drafting and Design ★|
|First Year Practicum/Capstone|
|Engineering Computer Aided Drafting and Design ★|
|Presentation Graphics and Animation|
|Architectural Computer Aided Drafting and Design ★|
|Manufacturing Computer Aided Drafting and Design ★|
|Total Class Hours: 1050|
|★ Course may be available for academic and/or Oklahoma’s Promise credit.|
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong Vision
- Attention to Detail
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Operations Analysis
- Social Perceptiveness
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the MNTC Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 90.48%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.
- CAD Drafter
- Auto CAD Drafter
- Architectural CAD Drafter
- Mechanical CAD Drafter
- Civil Drafter
- Electronic Drafter
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Electronics Engineering Technician
- Mapping Technician
- Commercial and Industrial Designer
- Fabric and Apparel Patternmaker
Live Work & Services
MNTC trains students to be qualified for work in their industry after graduation. One way we do this is by giving them opportunities to experience true work situations, just as they will face once they're on the job. We call this Live Work.
Learn more about Live Work & Services.