Basic Peace Officer Certification
Our next academy begins in January 2021, but you have to complete your orientation and application early!
Pursue a career in law enforcement, security, or corrections with training from Moore Norman Technology Center’s Basic Peace Officer Certification Academy. As a CLEET-authorized technology center, MNTC provides a new route to becoming a certified basic peace officer. Our curriculum meets all CLEET-mandated basic peace officer requirements and includes training in the following areas:
- Ethics, report writing, & legal matters
- Community & human relations
- The National Incident Management System (NIMS 700 A)
- Traffic, Custody Control, Standardized Field Sobriety Test, & RADAR/LIDAR
- Firearm training
- Law Enforcement Driver Training & Patrol
- FIRST Aid/CPR
- Criminal investigation
You can expect rigorous hands-on training to become better equipped for real-world situations, and you will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- End-of-Instruction Practical Exercises - Demonstrate to the evaluator's satisfaction, an appropriate response to the situation encountered.
- Administrative - Perform written examinations and score a seventy-five (75) percent or higher in the following areas: Legal Matters, Ethics, Law Enforcement Driver Training, Firearms Safety, Custody Control, and Defense Tactics, Community/Human Relation, Radar, Criminal Investigations, Traffic, and Patrol. The written exams for Standardized Field Sobriety Test, First Aid, and the comprehensive final require an eighty (80) percent or higher.
- Physical Training - Demonstrate to the instructor's satisfaction, physical training in preparation for the custody and control portion of basic academy training.