Basic Peace Officer Certification
Graduation - May 2023
The Next Academy Begins January 8, 2024!
Adults interested are required to attend a scheduled orientation. During the orientation, you will learn how to thoroughly complete the online application and program expectations. The next orientation dates are open. Click the button below to register for the next orientation date.
Must be 21 years of age prior to first day of class. Pursue a career in law enforcement, security, or corrections with training from MNTC’s Basic Peace Officer Certification Academy. As a CLEET-authorized technology center, MNTC provides a new route to becoming a certified basic peace officer. Our curriculum meets all CLEET-mandated basic peace officer requirements.
Pursue a career in law enforcement, security, or corrections with training from Moore Norman Technology Center’s Basic Peace Officer Certification Academy. As a CLEET-authorized technology center, MNTC provides a new route to becoming a certified basic peace officer. Our curriculum meets all CLEET-mandated basic peace officer requirements and includes training in the following areas:
- Ethics, report writing, & legal matters
- Community & human relations
- The National Incident Management System (NIMS 700 A)
- Traffic, Custody Control, Standardized Field Sobriety Test, & RADAR/LIDAR
- Firearm training
- Law Enforcement Driver Training & Patrol
- FIRST Aid/CPR
- Criminal investigation
You can expect rigorous hands-on training to become better equipped for real-world situations, and you will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- End-of-Instruction Practical Exercises - Demonstrate to the evaluator's satisfaction, an appropriate response to the situation encountered.
- Administrative - Perform written examinations and score a seventy-five (75) percent or higher in the following areas: Legal Matters, Ethics, Law Enforcement Driver Training, Firearms Safety, Custody Control, and Defense Tactics, Community/Human Relation, Radar, Criminal Investigations, Traffic, and Patrol. The written exams for Standardized Field Sobriety Test, First Aid, and the comprehensive final require an eighty (80) percent or higher.
- Physical Training - Demonstrate to the instructor's satisfaction, physical training in preparation for the custody and control portion of basic academy training.
We are extremely pleased with the caliber of professional we received. It's also geographically wonderful to be able to send our new hires to academy right here in Cleveland County.
Moore PD Lt. Kyle Hill