Sonographers use equipment that directs high frequency sound waves into a patient’s body that reflect echoes and forms an image that may be videotaped, transmitted, or photographed for diagnosis by a physician. During patient scans, you will look for subtle clues that contrast healthy against unhealthy areas by taking measurements, calculating values, and analyzing the results into a preliminary finding report. The MNTC DMS program specializes in the following concentrations: Abdominal sonography-extended and Obstetrics and gynecology sonography. Certification exams for the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ARDMS include: Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (SPI), Abdomen (AB), and Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN).
- Use advanced sonographic imaging and techniques that aid in the diagnosis of injury and disease
- Experience valuable hands-on training in a variety of settings including clinics, hospitals, and surgery centers
- Make a difference in people's lives by serving as a vital member of a professional healthcare team
Is this program right for me?
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Steps to Apply
- Review Application Booklet
- Apply Online (Select Adult Health Applications)
- Follow instructions in application confirmation email.
- Schedule and attend Information Session
- The application period for 2023-2024 school year opens 9:00 a.m. on January 17, 2023.
- Online applications for the 2023-2024 school year must be submitted by April 21, 2023.
- All items on the requirement checklist must be submitted no later than 12:00 p.m. on May 19, 2023.