In Medical Assisting you will get hands-on experience that can be utilized in administrative and clinical health care settings. Learn a variety of skills in the program’s simulated-physician’s office, and discover how to take vital signs, administer injections, draw blood, perform electrocardiograms, change sterile dressings, and assist with minor office duties. You will attend 160 hours of unpaid practicum in a physician’s office, and after successful completion of the program, you are eligible to test for a certification in medical assisting. The certification will also earn you 28 credit hours of prior learning experience at Oklahoma City Community College.
- Perform procedures including documenting patient symptoms, taking vitals, drawing blood, giving injections, and assisting in minor office surgeries
- Be a key part of a professional healthcare team delivering high-quality patient care and office management
- Participate in clinical rotations, assisting medical professionals in a wide range of medical practices
- Online applications for the 2022-2023 school year must be submitted by June 15, 2022.
- All items on the requirement checklist must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 24, 2022.
- The application period for the 2022-2023 school year is open January 18 to June 24, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.