Adult Students only
In Medical Assisting you will get hands-on experience that can be utilized in administrative and clinical health care settings. Learn a variety of skills in the program’s simulated-physician’s office, and discover how to take vital signs, administer injections, draw blood, perform electrocardiograms, change sterile dressings, and assist with minor office duties. You will attend 160 hours of unpaid practicum in a physician’s office, and after successful completion of the program, you are eligible to test for a certification in medical assisting. The certification will also earn you 28 credit hours of prior learning experience at Oklahoma City Community College.
- Perform procedures including documenting patient symptoms, taking vitals, drawing blood, giving injections, and assisting in minor office surgeries
- Be a key part of a professional healthcare team delivering high-quality patient care and office management
- Participate in clinical rotations, assisting medical professionals in a wide range of medical practices
Prepared for national certification, immediate employment, advanced certifications, and further education
Certifications I Clinicals/Career Coaching I Work-based Experiences
Is this program right for me?
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Steps to Apply
- Review Application Booklet
- Apply Online (Select Adult Health Applications)
- Follow instructions in application confirmation email
- Schedule and attend Information Session
- The application period for 2023-2024 school year opens 9:00 a.m. on January 17, 2023
- Online applications for the 2023-2024 school year must be submitted by April 21, 2023.
- All items on the requirement checklist must be submitted no later than 12:00 p.m. on May 26, 2023.