Surgical Technologists function as a member of the sterile surgical team in the scrub role, and are responsible for establishing and maintaining the sterile field throughout the entire surgery. You will train to handle the instrumentation, supplies, and equipment necessary for all surgical procedures, and will have an understanding of each of the procedures being performed in order to anticipate the needs of the surgeon. The learning program includes development of knowledge, ethics, personal behavior, and skill sets to become highly detailed and to work under great pressure. You will conduct clinical rotations at many OKC metro hospitals and surgery centers as you prepare to sit for a national certification for surgical technology at the end of the program.
- Provide quality patient care before, during, and after surgery as a critical part of the surgical team
- Experience all aspects of the operating room including robotics, managing a sterile environment, and anticipating the needs of the surgeon
- Develop a professional working relationship with surgeons, anesthesiologists, and nurses
- The application period for 2023-2024 school year is open January 17 to April 14, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
- Online applications for the 2023-2024 school year must be submitted by April 14, 2023.
- All items on the requirement checklist must be submitted no later than noon on May 19, 2023.
The 2023-2024 application booklet will be posted in January 2023.