A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
MNTC's Welding Program prepares the student with fundamental welding skills utilizing a variety of processes including; Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Oxy-Fuel Cutting (OFC), Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC), Air Carbon Arc Cutting (AAC). A combination welder is an experienced level welder who can complete a full range of welder assignments and use independent judgment in making decisions where alternatives are determined by established procedures, methods and practices.
Students who successfully complete this program have opportunities to become employed by Moore, Norman, and Oklahoma City Metro companies.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- OK Department of Labor Credentials (DOL):
- OSHA General Safety
- Oklahoma Welder Certifications
- OK Department of Career and Technology Education Credentials:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welder
- Gas Metal Arc Welder
- Flux Cored Arc Welder
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welder
- Cutting Process Operator
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 96.0%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.