A: Refer to the "Prerequisites" tab above.
MNTC's Cosmetology prepares adult students for the Cosmetology field of personal hair care as mandated by the Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology Licensing.
The program will prepare adult students with foundational knowledge and practical skills in Hair Care, Color, Cut, Salon Management, Sanitation, and Salesmanship.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Credentials Available
- Gainful Employment
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday (Day Session); Monday - Thursday (Evening Session)
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: 4:15 - 10:15 (Full-Time); 6:15 - 10:15 (Part-Time)
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the MNTC Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 88.9%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.
A: High school students need 1,000 hours to complete and can only attend part time. Part-time high school students need approximately two years (four semesters) to complete. Adult students need 1,500 hours to complete. Adults may choose to attend part time, which takes approximately three years (six semesters) to complete, or full time, which takes approximately 1-1/2 years (three semesters) to complete.
A: For this program, you will have to meet with a Career Advisor to discuss waiting lists.
A: Refer to the "Potential Occupations" tab above.
A: View live work services page and choose Cosmetology
A: Refer to the "Credentials Available" tab above.
A: Refer to the "cost" tab above.
A: Testing information is available during your meeting with an MNTC Career Advisor. Accuplacer is a common test that you and the areer advisor may discuss.
Live Work & Services
MNTC trains students to be qualified for work in their industry after graduation. One way we do this is by giving them opportunities to experience true work situations, just as they will face once they're on the job. We call this Live Work.
Learn more about Live Work & Services.