Automotive Service Technology
MNTC's Automotive Service Technology Program covers the skills needed to work as an entry level automotive service and repair - technician. Students learn automotive preventative maintenance, service and repair in all eight areas as set by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) testing criteria and National Automotive Technician Education Foundation (NATEF). Students will covers such topics as suspension systems, emissions control systems, brakes, drive trains, electrical, and provide skills needed for advancement in the industry.
Students who successfully complete this program have opportunities to become employed by Moore, Norman, and Oklahoma City Metro automotive shops and companies.
- Who can attend?
- Class Times
- Certifications Available
- Gainful Employment
|Fundamentals of Automotive Service|
|Automotive Steering & Suspension|
|Automotive Electrical Systems|
|Automotive Automatic Transmissions|
|Automotive Manual Drive Train & Axles|
|Automotive Engine Repair|
|Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning|
|Automotive Engine Performance|
|Automotive Shop and Career Experience|
|Total Class Hours||
- Start Date: August, October, January
- Days: Monday - Friday
- A.M. Hours: 9:15 - 12:25
- NPS 9:15 - 12:05;
- MPS 9:35 - 12:25
- P.M. Hours: 1:15 - 4:10
- NPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- MPS: 1:15 - 4:10
- Evening Hours: N/A
- Adults can choose to attend A.M. and/or P.M. sessions. View scheduling options for adults.
- High school students can attend half day, A.M. or P.M., to be decided during career advisement session.
- Brakes (ASE Student)
- Steering & Suspension (ASE Student)
- Engine Repair (ASE Student)
- Electrical & Electronics (ASE Student)
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle (ASE Student)
- Manual Drive Train & Axles (ASE Student)
- Engine Performance (ASE Student)
- Heating & Air Conditioning (ASE Student)
- Maintenance & Light Repair (ASE Student)
- Automotive Service Tech (A10) (ASE Student)
- Completion & Positive Placement Rate
- Potential Occupations
- Potential Wages
- Career Profile
- On-Time Adult Completion Rate: For more information contact the Data Management Coordinator
- Positive Placement Rate: 100.0%
Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.
I recently attended Connect Now at Moore Norman Technology Center. I was able to bring my son to this event. It was an amazing opportunity for him to learn about options available to him for the future. It was headed up by Barbara Rice, Disabilities Coordinator. Kudos to her and all the vendors for providing this awesome event to the community. - Shirlene Gathright